Subscribe and Listen on Your Favorite App
Welcome to the Tuesdays with Coach Mo podcast. Thank you for joining me for another information-rich episode. As you know, this podcast is dedicated to helping high-achievers succeed at work.
In today's episode I am speaking with Priya Shah, Founder & Executive Director of The Simple Good, a non-profit organization dedicated to triggering social change. Priya made the decision to pivot her career in a bold way by leaving a corporate career and starting a non-profit as she pursued her purpose.
I'd love to know what comes to your mind when you read about purpose-driven work? Is this part of your career planning? Or are you stuck and still don't know why you're on this path?
Before we enter the interview, a few things that we know to be true about high-achieving Millennials in the workplace, who, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, will make up 75% of the US workforce by 2030. One of the common topics is Millennial's pursuit of purpose which was characterized in three levels;
What I really enjoyed in this conversation with our is how Priya had a strong heart and passion for what she's doing as this was essential for her, particularly in the early stages when her loved ones doubted her choices of leaving a "good job".
As we turn now to the interview, Priya takes us to the beginning of her journey having earned degrees in Accounting and Finance to launch her into her first job working with the accounting firm Ernst & Young and the interesting pathway toward The Simple Good.
What I learned through this conversation with Priya are;
1. Barriers or obstacles between people are man-made and it's up to each of us as members of the human race to be connected and break down these manmade elements that keep us apart.
2. It is upon us to channel our courage to create and be vulnerable to create something that allows us to expand beyond what we might think is possible.
3. And finally, a lesson gained of living through a pandemic is the awareness that you're resilient, that discipline and mindset, to do what it takes to keep going.
Coach Mo Knows (a tip, a coaching question and a bit of inspiration)
• Connect with Priya on all platforms @thesimplegood
• Visit the website is www.thesimplegood.org (special June 6th Scavenger Hunt event)
What steps will you take to gain clarity of your purpose-driven calling?
'You will never be able to escape from your heart. So, it's better to listen to what it has to say" ~ Paulo Coelho, a Brazilian lyricist, and novelist
Obama Foundation Scholars: https://www.obama.org/scholars/
Peace is Loud: https://peaceisloud.org/speaker/priya-shah/
Young Leaders Fund: https://www.cct.org/about/partnerships_initiatives/young-leaders-fund/