Today’s episode is a replay with a purpose. Jennifer Ransaw Smith and I talk about what it means to have a personal brand. Even better, you’ll learn why it’s important and how to build your own.
2:32 Why is a personal brand relevant in today’s business community?
Jennifer shares how connecting via social media has created the need for a strong personal brand. She also explains exactly what it is: your reputation, the mental real estate that you have in the mind of others. Find out how to be strategic in creating the way others perceive you.
5:19 How does knowing your personal brand make a difference in your professional success?
• You are recognized as a leader
• Positions you for new opportunities
• Your reputation helps you self-promote effectively
• People in your industry know who you are
• Media personnel that cover your industry know who you are
• Competitors know who you are
“You don’t want to be your...